Expert psychology-based strategic and operational consultation services
SquaredImpact consultants are qualified and experienced clinical and registered psychologists. We understand human behaviour, and importantly, behaviour change. We also have extensive senior level operational and corporate management experience in the public and NFP sectors.
This combination of skills and experience allows us to bring a breadth and depth to organisational consulting, particularly in the area of complex clinical service delivery, that sets us apart from non-clinically trained organisational consultants.
Packaged services and by-the-hour consultation are both available and all services can be tailored to suit your objectives and your budget.
Below are SquaredImpact’s particular areas of expertise and interest, however, if you require consultation services not specifically listed, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your needs. SquaredImpact has a broad and transferable skill set and the consulting services we can provide are not limited to those described here.
Program & Service Development
Specialist clinical and programmatic, as well as strategic and operational, consultation to organisations with complex service delivery requirements:
- Particularly, but not only, for organisations with programmatic and psychological service delivery models
- Particularly, but not only, for organisations or businesses with projects or initiatives requiring psychological research, evaluation or implementation expertise
- Provision of consult and advice in the review and (re)design of service delivery models or projects
- Development of supporting systems, frameworks and processes
- Provision of advice in regard to service delivery staffing models and requirements
- Provision of assistance with the implementation of service delivery models
- Provision of particular expertise in the area of offending behaviour service delivery models
- Provision of assistance in developing and maintaining monitoring, auditing and evaluating processes
- Provision of advice and support to ‘marry’ strategic and policy with ethical and clinical and operational practice
Workplace Psychological Health
Assist organisations to develop proactive strategic and practical approaches to maintaining the day-to-day wellbeing and functioning of their workforce:
- Educate organisations at all staff levels about general psychological functioning and common psychological problems, including the ways psychological problems may manifest in the workplace
- Provide education and training to all levels of staff to improve capacity and confidence in identifying and appropriately responding to and supporting staff and colleagues experiencing such issues
- Provide general life skills training to all levels of staff to promote healthy functioning at work and at home (as separate from specialist coaching of specific staff for specific issues)
Staff Support & Specialist Workplace Coaching
Specialist consultation to practitioners and staff, including:
- Support and supervision of practitioners and staff working in human service environments or with complex clients
- Preparation and debriefing services for staff (especially those working in difficult and demanding workplaces)
- Educative and training services for practitioners, operational and executive/management staff in mental health and psychological issues, human behaviour and offending behaviour programs and service delivery
- Consultation on all types of offending behaviour, including sex offending and violent offending, and working with offender populations
Specialist coaching, support and education services for individuals and their managers (especially those in demanding human service environments) including:
- Coaching and wrap-around management solutions for professional boundary issues in complex human services settings with a focus on prevention and early intervention
- Tailored coaching and wrap around management solutions for individuals, managers and human resource departments to address a broad range of sensitive workplace, performance and well being issues
- Provision of advice and assistance in implementing preventative strategic and operational measures to reduce the incidence of workforce issues and increase workforce well being and functioning
Assistance with leading transformational change and successfully navigating organisational change and business as usual while retaining staff buy-in, motivation and morale.
- Assist organisations, managers and staff to effectively manage change and periods of uncertainty
- Using expert understanding of human behaviour assist organisations to create shifts in organisational culture
The standard hourly rate for organisational consultation is $225. Depending on the number of hours required, fixed price packages, retainer options and discounted rates may be available.