ETO software is hosted, managed, and maintained by Social Solutions as an online application. It is continuously updated, backed-up, and secure so you can access it online 24/7. But searching online or rummaging through paper and post-it notes on your desk to find the URL or web address for the ETO software login page can be a pain! This post outlines 5 shortcuts to help you readily access your ETO login URL so you don’t have to search for it again.
Note: The setup for the shortcuts below will vary based on the version of Windows and Internet Explorer you’re using.
1. Desktop Icon
Put an ETO icon on your Windows desktop to open ETO like any other application on your computer. A desktop icon, also known as a desktop shortcut, exists on your computer’s home screen (i.e. the desktop). A desktop shortcut for ETO will open a new Internet Explorer browser window displaying the ETO software login page. You can create an ETO desktop shortcut by following these steps:
- Copy the URL for the ETO login page
- Go to your desktop
- Right click on the desktop
- Select New – Shortcut
- Paste the URL in the “Type the location of the item” box
- Select Next
- Name your shortcut “ETO Login”
- Click Finish
2. Pin to Taskbar (Windows 7)
You can also pin the ETO login URL to your Windows 7 taskbar by doing the following:
- Open an Internet Explorer browser.
- Navigate to the ETO login page.
- Drag and drop the icon in the upper left of the browser window to the taskbar.
A new Internet Explorer button will appear on the taskbar and remain there until it is removed. Clicking the taskbar icon will open a new Internet Explorer window displaying the ETO login page. Like a desktop icon, a taskbar icon will remain active when you shutdown and restart your computer, but the taskbar icon is generally quicker to access than a desktop shortcut.
3. Pin to Start Screen (Windows 8)
Pinning a website to the Start screen in Windows 8 is similar to pinning a website to the taskbar in Windows 7. Pinning a website creates a clickable tile on the Start screen — much like the taskbar icon.
Pin the ETO login page to the Start screen with these steps:
- Navigate to the ETO login page in Internet Explorer
- Click the bottom edge of your monitor — this will bring up the app commands
- Click the Favorites button
- Click the Pin site button
- Click Pin to Start
Favorites are saved web pages within your Internet Explorer’s favorites list. You can easily add the ETO login page as a favorite by navigating to the ETO login page and click the star in your browser to create a new favorite. Creating a favorite is the most straightforward way to save the ETO login page in your browser, but it is also the least functional because it requires you to open Internet Explorer first and then click on the favourite to access the login page, whereas the previous shortcuts can ensure you access ETO in one click.
5. Browser Homepage
You can also make the ETO software login page the default home page for your browser. The browser home page is displayed when you open a new browser window or a new browser tab in Internet Explorer.
Many browsers set a search engine, like Google, as the browser home page by default, but you can customize this setting to make it the ETO login page by doing the following:
- Navigate to Internet Explorer settings
- Click options and then Home Pages
- Click customize and then click add current site (if you are on the ETO login page) or edit the URL if you aren’t on the ETO login page
- Select Add and that page will become one of your home pages in Internet Explorer